Here is a log with relevant legal, regulatory, law enforcement and business risk milestones in the race of crypto-currencies to maturity with links to trusted sources.
This November was an extremely quiet month -only four meaningful events, a 19-month low!
The Key NOVEMBER 2014 Crypto-Events were:
- 11/9/14 – French regulators focus on bitcoin’s risks instead of its rewards
- 11/10/14 – Russia lowers proposed penalties for bitcoin activities
- 11/19/14 – Finland classifies bitcoin as VAT-exempt financial service
- 11/29/14 – Spanish Treasury says bitcoin gambling websites need to obtain licensing
For ease of tracking I’ve decided on the following discrete categories to classify all events:
- Banking: Refers to decisions made or stances taken by banks and other traditional financial institutions with respect to crypto-ventures, including adopting a digital currency strategy
- Businesses: Includes decisions made by operators and businesses as a result of regulatory pressure or other risks facing them, as well as overall market-related news
- Enforcement Actions: Includes actual law enforcement actions on virtual currency operators anywhere in the world
- Rules & Regs: Refers to decisions made or stances taken by regulators, supervisors and policy-makers around the world
Please point me to any events that you consider important and would like to see on the log.