Here is a log with relevant legal, regulatory, law enforcement and business risk milestones in the crypto-currency race to maturity with links to trusted sources.
The Key September 2013 Crypto-Events were:
- 9/5/2013 – United Kingdom debates Bitcoin regulation
- 9/6/2013 – Satoshidice recovers from series of DDoS attacks
- 9/11/2013 – Rogue transaction cripples casual Bitcoin software users
- 9/13/2013 – Mt.Gox answers Coinlab’s complaint with a vengeance
- 9/19/2013 – Swiss politician is both puzzled and concerned about Bitcoin’s risks and potential
- 9/20/2013 – Singapore’s Monetary Authority cautions consumers against bitcoin trading
- 9/20/2013 – Canadian Royal Mint to test ‘MintChip’ payment system
- 9/23/2013 – Virtual stock markets btct.co and litecoinglobal.com shut down due to regulatory environment
- 9/27/2013 – TerraHash shuts down
Please point me to any events that you consider important and would like to see on the log.
For ease of tracking I’ve decided on the following discrete categories to classify all events:
- Banking: Refers to decisions made or stances taken by banks and other traditional financial institutions with respect to crypto-ventures, including adopting a digital currency strategy and banking operators
- Businesses: Includes decisions made by operators and businesses as a result of regulatory pressure or other risks facing them
- Enforcement Actions: Includes actual law enforcement actions on virtual currency operators anywhere in the world
- Rules & Regs: Refers to decisions made or stances taken by regulators, supervisors and policy-makers around the world
No comments yet.