Here is a log with relevant legal, regulatory, law enforcement and business risk milestones in the crypto-currency race to maturity with links to trusted sources.
Here are the May 2013 Key Crypto-Events:
- 5/2/2013 – CoinLab sues Mt.Gox for $75 million
- 5/7/2013 – CFTC’s Commissioner Bart Chilton vows to consider Bitcoin regulation
- 5/15/2013 – Dwolla account frozen by DHS
- 5/16/2013 – SatoshiDice (Bitcoin Game) restricts US players and US-based IPs
- 5/20/2013 – Canada’s FINTRAC confirms in letters that Bitcoin Exchangers are NOT MSBs
- 5/23/2013 – Liberty Reserve is shut down for money laundering
- 5/28/2013 – Liberty Reserve is indicted by US Department of Justice
- 5/28/2013 – FinCEN designates Liberty Reserve as institution of “primary money laundering concern”
- 5/28/2013 – OKPay suspends payment processing to all Bitcoin exchanges
- 5/30/2013 – FinCEN Director “stands by the guidance.”
- 5/30/2013 – Mt.Gox hardens its interface by incorporating customer verification
- 5/31/2013 – WebMoney (Russia) and PerfectMoney (Panama) restrict access to their services from the U.S.
- 5/31/2013 – Tangible Cryptography (FastCash4Bitcoins) suspends new purchases of Bitcoins
Please point me to any events that you consider important and would like to see on the log.
No comments yet.